br-lan doesn't bind

dakotad

I have two LAN Turtles, one I use for testing and the other I keep stock.  I reflashed my testing turtle (turtle-3-factory.bin) and now when I plug in the turtle, I don't get the bridge LAN (br-lan) interface binding to 172.16.84.1 just eth0.  The directory structure seems to be missing several folders compared to the stock one I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, dakotad said:

I have two LAN Turtles, one I use for testing and the other I keep stock.  I reflashed my testing turtle (turtle-3-factory.bin) and now when I plug in the turtle, I don't get the bridge LAN (br-lan) interface binding to 172.16.84.1 just eth0.  The directory structure seems to be missing several folders compared to the stock one I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

DOH..

Missing this in network config

#### LAN configuration
config interface 'lan'
option type bridge
option ifname "eth0"
option proto static
option ipaddr 172.16.84.1
option netmask 255.255.255.0
option ip6assign '60'

Always nice to post something and then to be humbled later.

• 1 year later...

I had this same issue when I would try and use certain modules. With some research I found that br-lan doesn't actually exist and that it has to be replaced with eth0. For example I was getting issues with urlsnarf because it couldn't bind with br-lan, but when I edited the module and replaces br-lan with eth0 everything worked fine.

Archived