Problems to get internect connectin in windows 10

ZeroHero

Hello,

tried to setup the nano in Windows 10 and Chrome

Followed the steps from the video. https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq#collapse-Four

But i get no connection from the nano to the internet.

On the wifi, i go on properties, and choice the pineapple to share connection.

Then i go on the pineapple, to ip4 and change the ip to: 172.16.42.42

and subnetmask to: 255.255.255.0

correct?

But it still say "not identified network"

and on the pineapple i get message "Error connection to the WIFIPineapple.com. Please check your connection"

Tried the network autofix in windows, but it found nothing  

What can i do? :-/

• 11 months later...

I had some problems two with sharing internet. After setting up "share" on the source internet connection i did the static ip thing to 172.16.42.42 but at first it didnt work.

What helped for me was unplugging the nano and replugging it. i guess a reboot would de the same but i like a powerloss to be sure everything is nice and tidy. when it came back, it took a few seconds and then started to work.

I never really set any DNS.  i guess it gets it from the router when it gets DHCP.

• 4 months later...

Just update the firmware for my new Pineapple NANO. Followed the video on updating the firmware and setting up the internet sharing. But I am not having any luck with the internet sharing.

I am getting the same issues of: Not Identified Network and Error Connection to WifiPineapple.com.

Did all the recommendation on this forum, but I am not having any luck.

If any body as some advice on how to troubleshoot this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Ok,

Retraced my steps and read the guide book. Still no luck with windows. So decide to internet share with my Linux VM I was able to make a connection and everything following the guide book instructions.

Still will like  to get it working with Windows.

Any solutions?

Archived