usb extension cable

Painkiller667

I bought a 15' usb extension cable which doesn't work normally. If i plug a usb wifi adapter into it and plug the extension in any usb port other than the one on the back of my case, it doesnt work. If i plug the cable into the motherboard usb ports that are located on the back of my comp, it works. If i plug the extension on any of the 4 usb ports on my laptop, the adapter doesnt work. I noticed though, that if I plug a flash drive in the extension cable, it works, the problem only occurs with the wifi usb adapter. Its the airnet awu108. Please someone help.

For USB devices that are a bit more power hungry I've found it's best to pay the bit extra and get a powered USB extension that boosts the signal strength along the cable (or perhaps hack up some something if your up for it). I'm not sure where you live so I can't suggest a store that sells them, I know DSE has them down under in NZ/AU.