Logging Beacons

aer9480

Hi everyone. I am still pretty new to using the WiFi Pineapple, but I would like to try to start a project with it. What I am trying to do is capture all of the beacons that cell phones send out and send them to a log server like Splunk. I want it so that whenever someone walks by my Pineapple, it logs all the beacons that their iPhone sent out trying to connect to different APs. So when their phone sends out a message saying "hey, are you my home network?" I want it to log the name of the AP of their home network. I looked into using Karma, but I couldn't figure out how to use this on the Nano. Is there any documentation on something like this? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Whistle Master said:

I had a infusion that was running on the MK5 but not yet ported to the NANO. 

That actually looks pretty amazing. Have you worked on it at all for the Nano? Also, just out of curiosity, how much trouble is it to port a module from the Mark V to the Nano? What kind of hardware/software changes do you need to take into account? I ask because I may be looking into developing for the WiFi Pineapple if I have any free time, as there are a few things I'd like to do.

Back to the original question, what kind of process would I need to go through to get this up and running? I can't imagine it would be too terribly hard to capture all beacons. Is Karma still a thing, or did that get phased out? I was reading about it for the Mark V, but I can't seem to find it in the Nano.

Thanks!

I did not had the time to work on it yet, but I will port it to the NANO / TETRA. The changes are mainly regarding the new API of the NANO / TETRA firmware based on angularjs and bootstrap, this means that a module has to be completely rewritten for the GUI. All background scripts do not need much changes most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing i can say is the built in PineAP module seems to do pretty much that if im not mistaken. I was recently staying at a beach house in newport beach and brought my pineapple along for the ride. I set it up at around 7 or 8 p.m. on a Wednesday and within 1hr and 32 min i picked up 158 different probe requests. The pineapple saves all the BSSID's into an ssid pool which can be downloaded as a file to the connected device. This file i can imagine can be uploaded wherever you like. Fun fact: i decided to broadcast the ssid pool to see how many i would actually see and yes....ALL 158 ssids in the pool were being broadcast at once! it was amazing to look on my phone and see all the available "networks". the list never ended! within 10 min i had 12 "clients" connect so i just shut it off. This thing is freaking awesome.