Pineapple and Login/Password Wi-Fi

StevenH1901

I just got my WiFi Pineapple Nano a few days ago, and have been trouble getting it connected to the internet.

The WiFi AP I'm trying to get it to connect to is secured via WPA2 Enterprise. You have to use a username and password to login to the network. My laptop is connected successfully, and I have shared the network connection to the Pineapple, but it still wont connect.

Routing Table attached.

post-53280-0-44364500-1458507077_thumb.p

Does the Pineapple have to connect to the same network that others are connected to? I think I'm misunderstanding how the Pineapple works.

My understanding is that a Client connects to an AP that's being filtered through the Pineapple and the Pineapple sends the Clients traffic to whatever AP the pineapple is connected to.

I had similar problem with connecting to WPA pesronal AP.

The problem is that the configuration is not written correctlyat /etc/config/wireless.

For example I had to manually add the option encryption value for WPA at the mentioned file.

The value that you should add can be found at the following https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless under the WPA Modes section

E.g my configuratioon after the manual add loooked like this

config wifi-iface
option device 'radio2'
option ifname 'wlan2'
option mode 'sta'
option ssid 'XXXXXXX'
option network 'wan'
option key 'XXXXXXXXXXX'
option encryption 'psk-mixed+tkip+ccmp' <----------------Manually added this
To check if you can connect do not use the Connect but from the Client Mode again becuase it will mess the file.
Try to restart the network service by typing to the ssh prompt /etc/init.d/network restart
If it connects succesfuly then at the Nerworking tab at the web panel (try refreshing) you will be able to see the obtained IP. Otherwise you can check with the ifconfig command at the command prompt.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very foggy on the lingo for this stuff, so it's difficult for me to ask the question properly.

I can't seem to figure out how to connect client mode to an (infrastructure?) network. It seems the management interface on 1471 only lets you connect to open, WEP, or WPA networks with pre shared keys. I'm trying to connect to a WPA network with PEAP login/password requirement (I have an account at this place in questions).

In gui linux, I can use the network manager to select the network and it prompts me for login/pass, but since the NANO is only command line (ssh) or web interface, I can't seem to get this accomplished.

Thanks in advance,

-Luc

Here is what my /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/. looks like for my linux laptop for this network - is this any help?

[ipv6]
method=auto
[connection]
id=<the SSID>
uuid=7bfxxx....xxxxdf
type=802-11-wireless
[802-11-wireless]
ssid=<the ssid>
mode=infrastructure
mac-address=4C:DE:AD:BE:EF:6B
security=802-11-wireless-security
[802-1x]