"barely scratching the surface?"

bytedeez

I was reading in a post that is now locked, About the MV6 and that it would be awhile before it came out due to the fact that "we are barely scratching the surface" with the MV5.

So now I'm kinda curious as to what the plans for the MK5 are (just generally, don't want a spoiler.)

Well PineAP still has a lot of untapped potential such as targeted attacks, we have the Pine Plug that just came out that needs the software to catch up with it, we have endless possibilities for infusion developers to create new stuff and improve old stuff (If you saw my dev pineapple you'd see how many things are sitting there waiting to be finished and released and that probably goes for most of the infusion devs as well). What else would we need in the pineapple right now anyways? The only thing I can think of is a laser and a head attachment piece for easy mounting on sharks

Sharks-With-Frickin-Laser-Beams-Attached

Well PineAP still has a lot of untapped potential such as targeted attacks, we have the Pine Plug that just came out that needs the software to catch up with it.

In all seriousness though, i don't see how charging customers for another pineapple plus accessories to use the 2 together is considered "just scratching the surface"

when a newer version with more ram and faster cpu, which would be a fairly cheap upgrade for both sides, would solve that problem. I mean, you wouldn't go out and buy 2 PCs with 2 gigs of ram and duo-core cpu, then link them together in order to have a quad-core, 4 gig of ram PC.

But i'm not trying to turn this into "one of those" threads.

maybe peap/radius attacks would be cool.

more recon functions. (once the cpu usage is toned down a bit.)

And yes i realize pineAP is not fully DEVed yet. deauth, targeted attacks and so on are in the works.

When i asked this question, i was thinking that maybe it was something new, that really pushed the pineapple to the next level.

Well using 2 pineapples in pine plug isn't exactly the same as having twice the ram and cpu power, you also have twice the antennas, twice the usb, and the ability to off load work loads. And Hak5 could have done a lot of things with the Mk5 (double the ram, double the cpu, built in bluetooth, PoE, more USB) but these things don't cost 2 cents and for them to keep the same proffit for the device they would have to raise the cost of the device which is why many features were not in the Mk5.

But yes I agree lets talk about things that are reasonable that would be awesome to see in the next hardware release.

My list:

Bluetooth (if there is a cheap option that could be possible)

Other than that I'm not sure what I would want, An internal GSM modem would be awesome but I'm sure that comes with a whole lot of FCC regulations and certs that you have to get and would be very costly