Krontab Log Modification

Ucnt

I know that the Karma log is temporarily stored at tmp/karma-phy0.tmp, but wanted to see if anyone knew what file managed the log file (i.e. that creates its input) so I can see about modifying it to add the date/time that the probe was received. grep'ing the string "Probe Request from" didn't come up with anything.

My intent is: Have a couple of my Pineapples send their log files (with date/time stamp of each probe request) to a "sink" (i.e. data collection server) which will track a user by MAC address or, if the MAC address is being randomized, by its SSID set (e.g. "home-router123", "starbucks", "myoffice-router").

I can use the DTG of the log file transfer but I want to limit the number of times I transmit the log file and including it in the probe request log seems to be the easiest solution.

I know that the Karma log is temporarily stored at tmp/karma-phy0.tmp, but wanted to see if anyone knew what file managed the log file (i.e. that creates its input) so I can see about modifying it to add the date/time that the probe was received. grep'ing the string "Probe Request from" didn't come up with anything.

It is most probably a binary, that is why you cannot find this.

I managed to add a timestamp with the following command (read the log file, in this example I filter only the connects, and redirect to a new file). You can also redirect to a remote server, the sink as you call it.

tail -f /tmp/karma-phy0.log | grep 'pass\|AP-STA-DISCONNECTED\|Successful' | awk '{ print strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), $0; }' >> /sd/karma.log