MK5 stuck with blue/amber blinking

N0iZW

So here is the junk. I bought (couple of months ago) a MK5. Haven't use it much. However, I decided to get started with it. I use a MBP 13" with thunderbolt adapter. I have manually put the IP to 172.16.42.42 with 255.255.255.0 and DNS 8.8.8.8. As i did a factory reset(forgot the password, and yes i did use the switches and put them back to their original state). The setup and everything ran smoothly. However now 1 day later when i power up the MK5 again, I seem to fail to reach the WEB GUI. The LED:s status is as follows:green glows, amber and blue blinks. From the instructions its saying its searching for upgrade files and its booting up. But should it boot up forever? I should also mention that every time i reset it, always works with the first boot, however the second one, never works. Hope you guys can help me with this problem,

Best regards,

N0iZW

The amber light is when the ethernet cable connected. Look at the manual shipped with the pineappl. The red/blue leds are for the 2 wireless cards. The blue led does indicate is is searching for firmware files on the SD. I would suggest, formatting the sd card outside the pineapple, then factory resetting it with dip switches. Are you connected to another network via wifi when also connected to the pineapple?

The amber light is when the ethernet cable connected. Look at the manual shipped with the pineappl. The red/blue leds are for the 2 wireless cards. The blue led does indicate is is searching for firmware files on the SD. I would suggest, formatting the sd card outside the pineapple, then factory resetting it with dip switches. Are you connected to another network via wifi when also connected to the pineapple?

Yes I'm connected by WIFI to my home router. Hmm ill see if I have any adapters to the sdcard.

Another thing I would test would be to unset the static on the ethernet adapter, and disconnect from the wifi. Then try connecting to the pineapple via ethernet and trying to connect to web inteface. Also try clearing your cache.

Your trick worked! I kept ip on static, however I turned of WiFi and the Webinterface showed up. Thanks!

Understand that most sites that implement HSTS, SSLstrip will not work.

Oh okay thanks. However it seems, that your trick only worked once, and when i got in, settings in the pineapple took ages to reach, and now I can't reach the web interface again :/

what firmware are you on? update to the latest, also try the removing the static and clearing the cache in your browser. do you have another computer in which you can also try? I am asuming that you are using some sort of idevice.

I´m using the starter one since the factory reset. Yes i have another computer which it works fine on. Already did try remove the static with no results. I also cleared the cache. I'm using a rMBP 13" mid 2014. Ill try update the firmware, but without the web interface, can it be done?

Just started the pineapple again, without internet connection sharing, and got in. However every time i turn on ICS the WEB GUI seems to struggle. Ill try to get the pineapple to connect to my WiFi directly.

EDIT: Well now i can't get into the web gui again...

Edited by N0iZW