Out of the box Mark V problem - cannot enable wlan0

Navras

Hi guys

I just received my Mark V, but it seems I cannot enable wlan0. The only thing I've done so far is booting it up for the first time and installed the latest firmware (with wlan1 enabled and client mode, which are working fine).

I've tried rebooting, re-flashing and, restoring to factory settings. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

post-48127-0-07962600-1406974137_thumb.j

Seems i'm missing the Atheros AR9331 SoC Radio??

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 058f:6254 Alcor Micro Corp. USB Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:8187 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 058f:6366 Alcor Micro Corp. Multi Flash Reader

• 3 weeks later...

i am haveing the same issue

You do realize he had this issue on a the previous firmware? (And it may have been a hardware issue where he had his Pineapple replaced by the HakShop. I'm not sure....) Can you please confirm what version of firmware you are on mbb373? And add any other details that could help characterize the problem...

after doing some digging and research .. discovered that The AR is in fact wlan0 - it's the SoC (CPU) and does the AP mode .. when set up under "network" / "Access Point" and saved the configuration it became active and had no issues.. as expected needed to do some research and a well built product all is great.. the mark 5 is thus far amazing! thanks thesugarat for the reply and assistance..

-mbb