Mark V: Site Survey + Karma Setup Help + Noob Questions

Hey Guys, i am trying to setup site survey and karma so that i can deauth specific clients and have them connect to the PA through karma. Bellow is a description of my setup. I have also added questions throughout my explanation. a summary of all questions is at the end. Thanks for the help!

My Setup:

Mark V PA v1.4.1, in Client Mode

Alpha AWUS036NHA connected to usb port, put in monitor mode using Wifi Manager v1.8 infussion

Q0: Please correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that wlan0 is used for karma, wlan1 is for connecting the PA to a wireless network, and wlan2 (the alpha card) is used for deauth attacks, ect...

Karma Config:

SSID: "TestWifi"

Persistent: not checked (Q1: What is the Persistent option used for?)

I added my mac's MAC address to the client blacklisting and nothing under SSID Black or White lists.(Q2: What are SSID Black and White lists used for?)

(Q3: When karma is off i am unable to connect my mac to "TestWifi", i get connection error, this is because my mac's address is in karma's blacklist?)

Site Survey:

(Q4: is there any way to default Site Survey v1.6 to always use wlan2 as the WLAN interface?)

(Q5: Site Survey seem to be very slow, with auto refresh set to "5 sec" and "all" and "on", it takes around 5 min until the data displayed is accurate. Is this a common issue?)

I manually set WLAN interface to "wlan2" and select "mon0" as the monitor interface. With karma previously enabled i deuth the target client with setting "5" (also tried "100" and "200"). The target client does get disconnected for a short period of time, and then reconnects to the previous SSID. (Q6: Why is karma not connecting the target client after it gets deuthed?)

(Q7: What does the number setting under "deauth" represent? )

Site Survey eventually appears to crash and I must wait between 5-10 min for the PA interface to become responsive.

(Q8: is my setup correct? and why does site survey infusion crash?)

Summary of Questions:

Q0:Please correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that wlan0 is used for karma, wlan1 is for connecting the PA to a wireless network, and wlan2 (the alpha card) is used for deauth attacks, ect...

Q1: What is the Persistent option used for?

Q2: What are SSID Black and White lists used for?

Q3: When karma is off i am unable to connect my mac to "TestWifi", i get connection error, this is because my mac is in karma's blacklist?

Q4: is there any way to default Site Survey v1.6 to always use wlan2 as the WLAN interface?

Q5: Site Survey seem to be very slow, with auto refresh set to "5 sec" and "all" and "on", it takes around 5 min until the data displayed is accurate. Is this a common issue?

Q6: Why is karma not connecting the target client after it gets deuthed?

Q7: What does the number setting under "deauth" represent?

Q8: is my setup correct? and why does site survey infusion crash?

I can answer some...
Q1: Persistant means it retains the SSID you set - unticked means it will change to other names its detecting like "Free Wifi Airport" so it can say "yes.. yes.. im that access point"

Q2: the black list is for your personal devices that you do not want connecting to your PA. period. usually this is so your phone etc doesnt get sucked into your Karma trap your broadcasting. so your devices listed in the black list cannot and will not connect to the PA. you will get 'unable to connect" or it just saves the network name. this is done so you dont "pineapple" your self as the term goes.

Q3 - See Q2.

Q4: you do wha???? lost me there..

Q5: site survey for Karma? unless your using the same ssid as the exisiting networks around, this step is not required.

Q6: The Client has to want to connect to your "Karma" network. if they are not connecting its prehaps they have found a different preffered network?

Q7: the number indicates how many deauth packets to send. some clients need more others need less. -

Q8: um... cooper? you wanna waid in on this one?