Code Challenge

Brennan

The challenge is to create a bat file or something in C++ for a flash drive that will remove the sites from the file history.dat which is located at %appdata%mozillafirfoxprofile and put them into a txt file also the site are only gonna be from the www to the extension (.com, .net, .org) and also that it dosen't copy more than one of the same site to save space on the flash drive

I dont do windows, im actually working with

~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/history.dat under linux and ii have no idea if it works on windows +cygwin (you need bash powa :-) );

#!/bin/bash

#usage ./script path_to_history outputfile

HISTORY=$1

grep http $HISTORY |

cut -d"=" -f2 |

grep ^http |

awk -F"//" '{ print $2}' |

cut -d"/" -f1 |

sort |uniq > $2

cls

mkdir .??????????????%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%__%time:~0,2%_%time:~3,2%

set F=.????????????????%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%__%time:~0,2%_%time:~3,2%

set N=%??????????????%.log

set save=%F%%N%

Something around those lines something like that

Also since I'm a noob a coding could someone explain it

Ahem well google it dood because what im basically getting is that u pretty much want sumthing that moves history.dat to a flashdrive???

My question is, why do you need such a program? This isn't something that a programming class would require nor something that I could see useful unless you were looking to see where someone else has been surfing. It could be just me but it sounds as though you want to spy on a gf or someone.

If you're in dire need of such an exe, take a look at the Switchblade and modd the code so that it also copies surfing history.

I know how to copy the file but I wanted to know if there was a way to pull it out so I don't have to go searching thru everything

That's what I mean. If you're looking for a way to simply get it, say by inserting a usb flash drive and *bam* you've got their entire history on a .txt, then you're going to want to look into modding the Switchblade. If you're implimenting this on a computer you have normal access to along with others (like family or roommates and you want to easily check where everyone has been surfing too) then you'll want a simple exe that once run, will produce the txt on the desktop or wherever for you to view.

Am I right in what you're looking for?