Pineapple Update

DrDinosaur

The new threads on this subforum seem to be mainly just troubleshooting ones. I was wondering if there was some sort of update regarding the pineapple's firmware. 3.0 came out about 2 months ago and I was wondering if there will be a new version (3.1?) coming out soon that would fix the bugs in the 3.0 beta and would be a stable platform. I think I heard someone say they were working on a 3.1 update, but I haven't heard anything more yet. I'm going to be working on a project using the pineapple, so it would be good if there was a current, stable platform to use. I also think there are still a couple more modules that need to be ported to 3.0+. Any update would be great. Thanks.

I'm going to be working on a project using the pineapple, so it would be good if there was a current, stable platform to use. I also think there are still a couple more modules that need to be ported to 3.0+. Any update would be great. Thanks.

There is a current stable release out its 2.8.1. And as far as the infusions that are not out yet for 3.x.x please be patient while they are under development. Some of the original authors of infusions have not been able to stick around for the re-write being to busy with school/work/kids and their infusions are now being developed by someone else. Give it time you will see the infusions you love back on the pineapple :D

To briefly cover 3.0.1 I know nothing of a release date yet but I can tell you that it will come eventually. It's not that these bugs are being ignored its just that the devs want to fix them all in one release. Also, remember one of the great things about 3.x.x is that system infusions can be updated from the pineapple bar now so bugs can be fixed without having to do a firmware update in some situations.

There is a current stable release out its 2.8.1. And as far as the infusions that are not out yet for 3.x.x please be patient while they are under development. Some of the original authors of infusions have not been able to stick around for the re-write being to busy with school/work/kids and their infusions are now being developed by someone else. Give it time you will see the infusions you love back on the pineapple :D

To briefly cover 3.0.1 I know nothing of a release date yet but I can tell you that it will come eventually. It's not that these bugs are being ignored its just that the devs want to fix them all in one release. Also, remember one of the great things about 3.x.x is that system infusions can be updated from the pineapple bar now so bugs can be fixed without having to do a firmware update in some situations.

I want a post 3.0 version that's stable. Hopefully the porting can be finished soon. I think it's good to fix everything in one release too. I forgot about the system infusion updating mechanism, but I still think that some bugs can only be eliminated with a new version.