eth0 and eth1 up and down

pinkraisons

Hello,

I am having a problem where my newly flashed ap121u eth0 and eth1 ports are going up and down rapidly. During flashing while tftping the files across I had to restart a few times since it would get part way through and the port would drop. It now loads fine and I can get to the prompt through serial however eth0 and eth1 keep going up and down about once a second. This happens whether or not there is a cable plugged in or not. I tried shuting down the interfaces through ifconfig and bringing them back up and it didn't help. I can get into the gui if I connect through wifi with no problems. Any Ideas? Thanks,

Aaron

Hello,

I am having a problem where my newly flashed ap121u eth0 and eth1 ports are going up and down rapidly. During flashing while tftping the files across I had to restart a few times since it would get part way through and the port would drop. It now loads fine and I can get to the prompt through serial however eth0 and eth1 keep going up and down about once a second. This happens whether or not there is a cable plugged in or not. I tried shuting down the interfaces through ifconfig and bringing them back up and it didn't help. I can get into the gui if I connect through wifi with no problems. Any Ideas? Thanks,

Aaron

It seems like a hardware defect to be honest. If it persists after a re-flash or rather if it happens while working from the bootloader, it points to a hardware defect.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I'm pretty sure you are right and it is a hardware issue. Took it to a friend a work who is an electronics tech and he said the same thing. He is going to bring in a few things on monday and check it out better. The WAN port stays seems to be mostly reliable. If I cannot get the LAN port up is there any reason I can't change the bridge to the wan port? Do i really need the LAN port anyways since it successfully connects to the internet through the WAN port? Thanks,

Aaron