Point Linux OS totally rocks.

TN.Frank

Moved from OS X 10.3.9 back in May when my iMac died from an EMP to Ubuntu 12.04LTS. Really wasn't floating my boat so I Distro Hopped for a while until I found Linux Mint 15 MATE and was happy for about a month with it then I saw Ep. 290 of Catagory 5 and Robbie was talking about Point Linux OS and talked to Peter, the creator and it caught my eye. I installed it on my daughter's old Dell L866r and it worked so well that I now have it installed on my primary and back up laptop and I really like it a lot. Better yet, it'll still have support when Mint 15 MATE goes belly up in April, 2014. Anyway, just wanted to share. Maybe Darren will give it a try since he's using Mint right now with the MATE desktop, I'm sure he's love Point Linux OS.

Moved from OS X 10.3.9 back in May when my iMac died from an EMP to Ubuntu 12.04LTS. Really wasn't floating my boat so I Distro Hopped for a while until I found Linux Mint 15 MATE and was happy for about a month with it then I saw Ep. 290 of Catagory 5 and Robbie was talking about Point Linux OS and talked to Peter, the creator and it caught my eye. I installed it on my daughter's old Dell L866r and it worked so well that I now have it installed on my primary and back up laptop and I really like it a lot. Better yet, it'll still have support when Mint 15 MATE goes belly up in April, 2014. Anyway, just wanted to share. Maybe Darren will give it a try since he's using Mint right now with the MATE desktop, I'm sure he's love Point Linux OS.

Glad u did that. Linux is Linux no matter what distro u choose. Linux is Far more superiour than MAC.

Linux>Mac>Windows, LOL

I've also loaded up the Compiz packages and now can do some of the cool effects when I open and close windows and when I switch desktops.

I just figured since Darren was so stoked on Mint MATE that he'd want to give Point Linux a look.

Linux 4 Life.

So has anyone else given Point Linux a try? Just wonder since it's a totally awesome Linux Distro but no one seems to be posting that they're giving it a try or not. Not like you'd have anything to lose. UNetbootin + Point Linux .iso = Live USB that you can boot to and give it a look. If you like it it's easy enough to install or you can even dual boot with another Distro if you want to keep your current Distro.

• 6 months later...

So has anyone else given Point Linux a try? Just wonder since it's a totally awesome Linux Distro but no one seems to be posting that they're giving it a try or not. Not like you'd have anything to lose. UNetbootin + Point Linux .iso = Live USB that you can boot to and give it a look. If you like it it's easy enough to install or you can even dual boot with another Distro if you want to keep your current Distro.

Frank, I have been trying out various distros via live-usb stick and Point Linux has made a mark on me - along with CrunchBang. But I feel Point Linux has a nicer desktop (for new users). I'm really impressed with MATE. Of course, major props go out to the Peter, the Debian Wheezy team and the MATE desktop team. I will be installing this distro on my friends slooow netbooks if they're ready to break up with Windows. :-)

Linux>Mac>Windows, LOL

I've also loaded up the Compiz packages and now can do some of the cool effects when I open and close windows and when I switch desktops.

I just figured since Darren was so stoked on Mint MATE that he'd want to give Point Linux a look.

Linux 4 Life.

I also played with the Mint MATE live-usb and I prefer Point Linux. It has an air of stability while being very light on resources. It detected all my hardware including a Huawei E303 3G modem when I travel. I'm seriously impressed!

• 2 weeks later...