Linux Mint boot stuck

boob00

Hello there everyone, I have had linux mint on my desktop for quite some time now. My problem is this: all of a sudden when booting up, it gets stuck at a black screen that says "waiting for network configuration" and then boots fine but with no networking at all. My desktop is connected to my router via ethernet. I have tried restarting my router, desktop, switching ethernet cables, ehternet ports on my router, using a wifi dongle instead but nothing works. To make matters better, when i am finally to the log in screen and login, my monitor goes black and comes back up about 4 times then turns compleatley white with like a hexagon pattern on the screen. Sometimes when i boot, after the waiting for network config screen and logging in I can get into the OS but when i click on my networking tab it says that my wired connection is unmanaged. Sorry for the legnthy post, any help would be grate!!

****EDIT****

One more thing to add, when i am in the OS i cant right click anything. I am using mint 15 Olivia.

Edited by BOOB00

when you run ifconfig do you have any interfaces up other than lo? And also check /etc/network/interfaces and post the contents of the file on here so I can help you more.

when you run ifconfig do you have any interfaces up other than lo? And also check /etc/network/interfaces and post the contents of the file on here so I can help you more.

When i do ifconfig I have eth0 like i should, and i can put the interface up and down but still nothing. And the first place i looked was in /etc/network/interfaces and all is how it should be.