Broswer based exploits in metasploit

sark

Hi guys!

This is my first ever post on this forum so sorry if I've done something wrong on posting this! I've been trying out armitage and metasploit for a while now and I seem to get on well with windows xp machines etc but I've been playing around on an old windows 7 laptop I got given from my parents. I've tried all my normal exploits to get a working meterpreter shell but so far I can't get anything to work on it including a hail Mary attack which lists 21 exploits but then can't get any to run. I did some research on the web and found that only a handful of exploits will work on a windows 7 machine and one of these being a browser based attack. I've run the exploit etc on armitage however when I go to type the web addy into the victims browser, the victims broswer hits back with a message saying no page found but then on armitage I get no result. I can't work out why this isn;t working so I thought I'd put a post on the forum to see if any one else is having the same issue or if anyone can suggest a reason why its not working. I'm running armitage on a backtrack 5 r3 machine.

Thanks very much in advance guys!