Jump to content

sark

Active Members
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

620 profile views

sark's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

  1. Hi all, I've recently brought a wifi pineapple and have been using it with little no problem on a ubuntu machine. Great but I fancy using it on my main laptop which is running windows 8 with orcales virtual box installed with BT R3 running on it. I've plugged in all the gear etc but I can't seem to get the thing to work. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the set up on network adapters on the virtual box software but I can't work out where I'm going wrong with it. I've searched online but not really come up with any thing. If you have had any experience with it on your system please tell me where I'm going wrong if you know of a good tut then please point me in the right direction. Thanks very much!
  2. Thanks for your reply. Its a brand new pineapple so its got all the latest firmware on it. I am running BT5 r3. I like what you said about the drivers for the USB device. It come bundled with a CD containing drivers. Downside is, airs have no CD drive! I read somethings on the web which say mountain lion come pre installed with all the drivers. But you need to set up internet sharing. Unfortunately it won't allow me to since it won't recognise the device! My guess is, the mac doesn't like the adaptor.
  3. Hi guys, I've just recently brought a pineapple device and I'm trying to set it all up. I've searched all over the web etc to find a solution to my problem but no joys so I thought I'd drop a message on here. I have the pineapples ethernet cable connected to a usb adaptor since the airs don;t come with an ethernet port. I fire up back track and run the installation process for the device. When I go to the browser to access the device, firefox hits back saying it can't open the page. Now I'm guessing it has something to do with the vm I am using. It is oracles virtual machine. I haven't changed any of the settings but when I got no where I followed a vid that pointed to changing network adaptors etc but I still got no joy. Any one have any suggestions as to where I might be going wrong? Thanks very much in advance.
  4. Hi guys! This is my first ever post on this forum so sorry if I've done something wrong on posting this! I've been trying out armitage and metasploit for a while now and I seem to get on well with windows xp machines etc but I've been playing around on an old windows 7 laptop I got given from my parents. I've tried all my normal exploits to get a working meterpreter shell but so far I can't get anything to work on it including a hail Mary attack which lists 21 exploits but then can't get any to run. I did some research on the web and found that only a handful of exploits will work on a windows 7 machine and one of these being a browser based attack. I've run the exploit etc on armitage however when I go to type the web addy into the victims browser, the victims broswer hits back with a message saying no page found but then on armitage I get no result. I can't work out why this isn;t working so I thought I'd put a post on the forum to see if any one else is having the same issue or if anyone can suggest a reason why its not working. I'm running armitage on a backtrack 5 r3 machine. Thanks very much in advance guys!
×
×
  • Create New...