• Pineapple Hardware Version Mark IV
  • Pineapple Software Version (ex: 2.5.0, 2.6.4): How do you tell without being able to connect to it?
  • OS used to connect to the pineapple: OS X 10.8.2
  • 2008 MacBook
  • Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
  • Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB

Network layout of how your setup is connected (including IP information):>>

Macbook is connected to Airport Timcapsule via wifi

Macbook ip address 10.0.1.129

Airport 10.0.1.1

I am currently running Backtrack 5v3 and Windows 8 on parallels version 8.

I have tried to connect via both the above softwares. I followed the instructions in the booklet that came with the pineapple.

In the instructions for the windows 7 it states that you will see Pineapple facing adapter I do not see this in my list. I only have two option in my network adapters one is ethernet connections and one is the wifi connections. I do however see the pineapple listed in my wireless connections under wifi connections. I have tried to connect to but was not prompted for user id and password. Also when I plug the pineapple into the ethernet connection on the windows systems it shows it connected but again I cannot connect to it.

In backtrack when I run the wget script I am able to download the software and install it. I can run wp4.sh and it asks me for the setup I hit all the defaults and am prompted to click the link to connect to the pineapple in a internet browser but that is far as I can get >>

Pineapple Network [ 255.255.255.0]:

Pineapple Netwrok [172.16.42.0/24]:

Interface Between PC and Pineapple [eth0]:

Interface between PC and Internet [wlan]:

Internet Gateway [10.211.55.1]:

IP address of Host PC [ 172.16.42.42]:

IP address of Pineapple [172.16.42.1];

Internet 10.211.55.1 - wlan0

Computer: 172.16.42.42

Pineapple 172.16.42.0/24 - eth0

SIOCDELRT: No such process<<< I am concerned about these two errors

SIOCADDRT: No such device<<<

When I try to connect to the link listed I get Firefox cannot establish connection

Parallels current settings under the device> network >wi fi bridged

Under virtual machine >configure >security> I did not choose isolate machine. I have read multiple post where people are saying they choose this option. I have taken it off and put it on. I have also tried to bridge multiple connections with no luck. I have been unsuccesful trying to communicate with the pineapple. When I establish a wif connection via windows I can see the wireless activity light.

I have tried unpluggin the ethernet cable from the WLAN to the PPOE as well. I am pobably trying to set to many diverse settings at the same time.

Internet Gateway where would I find this setting? Where would I find this information? Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Justloud@hotmail.com

1) I am not a mac user but maybe this topic will help you connect to your pineapple through OS X :http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/27808-mac-ics-works/

2) Are you able to connect wirelles to your pineapple? If so navigate to: http://172.16.42.1/pineapple/ (i guess pineapples are still shipping with an old firmware version or http://172.16.42.1:1471 if you running 2.6.4 or above)

3) As you can read at the Wifi Pineapple Book at the: "Ethernet to PC" connect your pineapple to your pc through PoE/LAN port.

4) From a quick search i found this topic where a user had the same problem (output) with the wp4.sh script: http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/28157-issues-with-wp4sh-in-linux-mint/ just try to run the script as root

I hope i have helped you.