Problem with Murder Death Kill on BT5-r3

AshiOni

In a nutshell - I start MDK and everything appears to be working as I expect to it. After a minute or two the client devices stop seeing the broadcasting device

Its almost like the wifi adapter has been put in power saving mode but is not when I look. I can repeat this issue 100% of the time. Tried on various hosts with various wifi adapters. Same results each time.

Thoughts?

What are the commands you are running, and what are you trying to do? mdk3 deauths clients or access points. You could have ended up taking down the end device, and thats why it can't be seen any more, but paste here all the steps you take from start to finish, so people can see the commands you took.

What are the commands you are running, and what are you trying to do? mdk3 deauths clients or access points. You could have ended up taking down the end device, and thats why it can't be seen any more, but paste here all the steps you take from start to finish, so people can see the commands you took.

lol - sorry it didn't dawn on me to supply that information (really tired today)

Here we go

airmon-ng start wlan0 (tried with various adapters)

crated ssidnames.txt

cat << EOF > ssidnames.txt

blah1

uber

blah2

etc

EOF

mdk3 mon0 b -f ssidnames.txt

I see the expected output in the terminal and can verify they are showing up on the client

after a minute or two the broadcasts just stop - I cannot seem to get it restarted without rebooting the entire laptop or tower (I've tried various pieces of hardware)

All with the same card(USB NIC?), or version of mdk3? Whats the OS in use? Might be a bug and need to be reported, but you'd 1, have to give them the OS details and 2 the NIC involved. Could be a known bug, and already fixed in a later version of mdk3, or even the OS you are using could have an updated version of the NIC driver. I don't have anything open in front of me at the moment that uses mdk3, so I can't test it out myself, but wondering if there is also a timing command you can put in to delay the deauths. Either that, or you inadvertently have your own router's SSID in there somewhere, and are deauthing yourself from your own AP, which I've never tried, but could be some sort of feedback loop, or, someone on the other end knows what they are doing, sees the traffic and attacking back.Hard to say, but check the documentation, you might need to add a delay in there or something, might be overloading yourself, NIC or the OS in use.