Failed Authentication

vlchild

I just purchased one of the new pineapples (mark IV) at derbycon. Brought it home, fired it up, can ping it, ssh to it, and hit with browser. I just cannot login. I tried from a couple different computers, both with ssh and chrome, across wifi and LAN.

I also noticed the SSID it is broadcasting is 'pineapple ff:66' not the 'pineapple' that is described in the docs. I have tried to hit the reset button, and hold it down for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, nothing seems to happen.

root / pineapplesareyummy is what I am using. Have I missed something somewhere ad using the wrong combo?

Thanks in advance.

When you say "Cannot login" do you mean with the WebUI?

It broadcasts Pineapple FF:66 because those are the last two hex of your mac address. That was done because at big *cons you would see many "pineapple" SSIDs.

Try this in your browser: http://172.16.42.1:1471

As a part of 2.6.x+ firmware you need to access the GUI that way.

The new firmware makes it so you have to type "172.16.42.1:1471" in order to get to the webui.... It's not "172.16.42.1/pineapple" any more.

This might be your problem.

Once you type that in, be sure to use "root" for username and "pineapplesareyummy" for the password. :D

I cannot login via either SSH or HTTP. On both I do receive the login prompt, but authentication fails.

My Pineapple does not respond on http://172.16.42.1:1471 (Chromium's connection attempt to 172.16.42.1 was rejected), it only replies on the older http://172.16.42.1/pineapple. -I am guessing it is probably still running the latest 'stable' version @ 2.5.0.

I am using the correct user/pass according to the docs and the post above this one.

Thanks.

Tried that, still doesn't work.

I turned it on, I can ping it just fine. While I was pinging it I tried to reset it, the device never stopped responding to pings. Seems a little odd to me. The lights never change, the ping doesn't stop, there seems to be zero effect from hitting reset. (I tried to push it in for 1 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec all at different times, allowing a few minutes between each for it to do whatever)

I don't think this pineapple is fully functional.

If I get one of the serial cables can I bypass the authentication and flash this device?

Tried that, still doesn't work.

I turned it on, I can ping it just fine. While I was pinging it I tried to reset it, the device never stopped responding to pings. Seems a little odd to me. The lights never change, the ping doesn't stop, there seems to be zero effect from hitting reset. (I tried to push it in for 1 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec all at different times, allowing a few minutes between each for it to do whatever)

I don't think this pineapple is fully functional.

If I get one of the serial cables can I bypass the authentication and flash this device?

If you got it from the hakshop, email and they take care of it. Or get yourself a UART and you can fix it yourself. Check links in my signature for more info on UART and flashing.