Set Problem

robboman

Hi y'all

This is a pretty newbie question but I'm very new with Backtrack/Metasploit so :P

Running this on Virtualbox with Backtrack 5 R3 installed. Networkcard is set to bridged, I gave the Backtrack machine a static IP, and the ports are proparly forwarded :)

I'm trying to setup the Java applet attack found in SET but I'm running into a few problems.

1. I only want the Java applet to run on windows. But after the following the menu from SET it just starts the Java applet for windows, Linux, and Osx. Any way I can disable this?

2. I run the exploit just locally. When going through the menu i get the following question: "Are you using NAT/Port Forwarding [yes|no]: no

[-] Enter the IP address of your interface IP or if your using an external IP, what

[-] will be used for the connection back and to house the web server (your interface address)"

I'm kinda confused about what I should enter here? Should this be the local IP i gave to the Backtrack machine?

Thanks for the help! :)

Enter the IP address of your interface IP == what NIC you will be listening on or receiving the connection on, ie do an ifconfig, check the IP of eth0 or wlan0, dependoing onb which you are using, add that as the IP. If NAT, say from your network to an external, you IP would be the internet facing IP, say from your ISP, and then on your router, you port forward to the VM or workstation itself from the routers side to the port and IP of the internal machine.

Make sense? If its all internal LAN stuff, you use your local machines NIC IP address, so long as its on the same subnet as the victim machine you are testing with.

Enter the IP address of your interface IP == what NIC you will be listening on or receiving the connection on, ie do an ifconfig, check the IP of eth0 or wlan0, dependoing onb which you are using, add that as the IP. If NAT, say from your network to an external, you IP would be the internet facing IP, say from your ISP, and then on your router, you port forward to the VM or workstation itself from the routers side to the port and IP of the internal machine.

Make sense? If its all internal LAN stuff, you use your local machines NIC IP address, so long as its on the same subnet as the victim machine you are testing with.

Thanks a lot! I get it :)

Do you perhaps know how I can make it run only on windows machines? I do not need it for linux/mac.

Java is cross platform, so I'm not sure it targets individual OS's as much as whatever browser opens the webpage using the exploit, but various PAYLOADS you use in post exploitation after the initial Java exploit, I assume would/could be OS specific. I don't use SET, only perused through it once or twice and used it in the past to updated Metasploit since it seems to work better sometimes than msfupdate, but Dave, the author, would be the one to ask ( http://www.trustedec.com ),or see the SET IRC channel to ask people who use it if there are ways to do what you want.

irc.freenode.net #setoolkit is the official IRC network and channel for SET help and users. They would know more about it than I would.