Help With Usb Hdd On Hacked Wii...

~*L33T_NiNj4*~

I formatted my old 150 GB hard drive to fat32 to use with my hacked wii (4.1U). I Used this guide to do it: www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96770-guide-fat32.html. I used USB loader GX (Newest Version). But every time i plug in my drive and start USB loader (on the wii) it trys to find my drive for 20 seconds and then gives up and says drive cannot be found. I would appreciate any help. Thanks you Guys.

P.s Sorry if this is in the wrong place i couldn't decide between Questions/Gaming Talk :D

Edited by ~*L33T_NiNj4*~

Did you plug the harddrive in the USB port on the that's on the right (outside)?

It will only read the disk in that port.

Thanks that fixed the problem but i was wondering does it matter if the wii is Fat32 of WBFS?

I've always used WBFS, I thought it had an ok interface and I was able to see game covers etc.

Also at the time the USB loader I used didn't support Fat32, so I've never used it actually don;t know about the loading times, maybe it has more difficulty reading from a Fat32 disk? Not exactly sure on that one so you should test it out if you get the chance :)

Good luck

I've always used WBFS, I thought it had an ok interface and I was able to see game covers etc.

Also at the time the USB loader I used didn't support Fat32, so I've never used it actually don;t know about the loading times, maybe it has more difficulty reading from a Fat32 disk? Not exactly sure on that one so you should test it out if you get the chance :)

Good luck

Thanks for your help! I tried WBFS and Fat32 (which works in new version of USB loader GX). But i use fat 32 so i can use my drive for the wii and for file storage. :D