Provide Internet To Router From Computer

ki4jgt

I need a temporary setup to turn my computer into a network bridge. I have one router with Internet access and one router without. I need my laptop to act as an intermediary and relay the information from one wireless router to the other. I have 2 wireless USB sticks with Ubuntu Linux. I can connect to each of them at the same time but I need to relay the Internet from one to the other.

Is there a reason you aren't just bridging the two routers directly, or is it so you can filter/monitor traffic from the one PC as a firewall or such?

Is there a reason you aren't just bridging the two routers directly, or is it so you can filter/monitor traffic from the one PC as a firewall or such?

It's a public access hotspot which my Iphone will not connect to (too far away). So I can't exactly bridge it. Plus the situation is temporary so I have no need to purchase a professional bridge. I can't adhoc as Iphone won't connect to an adhoc network :(.

Maybe this will help - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessAccessPoint

You should also be able to do this all from the PC without the need for the second router, so long as the nic does master mode and supports hostapd I think.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=151781

Edited by digip