Opkg Install Sslstrip Fails

Jeff

Pineapple Hardware Version: Mark IV

Pineapple Software Version: 2.0.0

OS used to connect to the pineapple: linux and osx

Network layout of how your setup is connected (including IP information): main router (172.16.42.2) mk4 wired over poe/lan to main router (172.16.42.1)

All the tools/options that are running on the pineapple when the issue happened: Added the modules: opkg, sslstrip, tcpdump, urlsnarf I have the 4GB usb drive on the mk4

Ping results from computer to pineapple:

ping 172.16.42.1

PING 172.16.42.1 (172.16.42.1): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 172.16.42.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=4.480 ms

64 bytes from 172.16.42.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.385 ms

Is the problem repeatable (Yes/No): Yes

Steps taken which created the problem:

-launch the opkg manager

-search for: ssls

-attempt install sslstrip (have tried both install to root and usb)

Install appears to stall only showing this output:

Installing sslstrip (0.7-1) to usb...

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ssltrip_0.7-1_ar71xx.ipk.

Multiple packages (libpthread and libpthread) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.

Multiple packages (libpthread and libpthread) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.

Installing pythong (2.7.3-1) to usb...

It just sits in this state indefinitely

Error Messages: N/A

Log file information:

Anything else that was attempted to 'fix' the problem: reboots, attempt multiple times

Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to get an install working correctly for ssl strip?

Network layout of how your setup is connected (including IP information): main router (172.16.42.2) mk4 wired over poe/lan to main router (172.16.42.1)

All the tools/options that are running on the pineapple when the issue happened: Added the modules: opkg, sslstrip, tcpdump, urlsnarf I have the 4GB usb drive on the mk4

ping 172.16.42.1

-launch the opkg manager

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ssltrip_0.7-1_ar71xx.ipk.

Log file information:

Anything else that was attempted to 'fix' the problem: reboots, attempt multiple times

Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to get an install working correctly for ssl strip?

are you using the webUI? if so you should try sshing in and issuing the opkg command manually.

most likely your problem is with running out of ram. the pineapple only has 32MB, so if you have a lot of stuff (urlsnarf,karma etc) running, then you will crash it without swap. try clearing the caches too, i think you may be able to do this from the resources tab.

ping 172.16.42.1

-launch the opkg manager

Downloading http://downloads.ope...7-1_ar71xx.ipk.

Log file information:

using the opkg module will not give you all the error details. ssh in and issue:

opkg update
opkg --dest usb install sslstrip

it will tell you more about the error this way. I tried to install a package the other day and found out this version of openwrt is the bleeding edge and the repository for this bleeding edge version unfortunately is always changing, newest bleeding edge version/kernel:-( IE pineapple is kernel 3.2 and repository is 3.3

Edited by petertfm

Posted · Hidden by Jeff, May 24, 2012 - Already answered
Hidden by Jeff, May 24, 2012 - Already answered

are you using the webUI? if so you should try sshing in and issuing the opkg command manually.

most likely your problem is with running out of ram. the pineapple only has 32MB, so if you have a lot of stuff (urlsnarf,karma etc) running, then you will crash it without swap. try clearing the caches too, i think you may be able to do this from the resources tab.

You were correct i was doing it from the webUI ... i didn't know how to configure where the install was going via command line. I don't think sslstrip (its dependencies will fit on the system) so I am attempting to install it on the sdcard. Any thoughts on the install destination command line?

using the opkg module will not give you all the error details. ssh in and issue:

opkg update
opkg --dest usb install sslstrip

it will tell you more about the error this way. I tried to install a package the other day and found out this version of openwrt is the bleeding edge and the repository for this bleeding edge version unfortunately is always changing, newest bleeding edge version/kernel:-( IE pineapple is kernel 3.2 and repository is 3.3

Thanks this got it up and running for me. Appreciate the help