Metasploit Remote Computer And Network Portforwarding

goinsurgency

I am using metasploit and I tried to use hail mary with armitage to expose a remote computer on a different network than the one I am using with metasploit. I downgraded to metasploit 3.7 and tried the same thing with db_autopwn. It still did work. I was not getting any meterpreter sessions, however there where several exploits I could use. My question is do I need to portforward to exploit a remote computer with meterpreter or any other metasploit exploits. Also how do I do this. I know how to portforward.

I am using metasploit and I tried to use hail mary with armitage to expose a remote computer on a different network than the one I am using with metasploit. I downgraded to metasploit 3.7 and tried the same thing with db_autopwn. It still did work. I was not getting any meterpreter sessions, however there where several exploits I could use. My question is do I need to portforward to exploit a remote computer with meterpreter or any other metasploit exploits. Also how do I do this. I know how to portforward.

If the remote computer is behind NAT/Firewall, than you won't be able to attack it directly. You will need to get around it, by using a reverse_TCP_connection.

You can do that, by encoding a reverse shell into a PDF file and opening it on the remote computer.

Furthermore, if your attacker machine is also behind a NAT/Firewall, you will need to enable port forwarding on the router, or else you won't get the reverse shell.