How To Port Forwarding

daven

What type of router do you have at home?

Linksys, Netgear or D-link!

D-link

Enabling port forwarding is pretty straight forward, you need to log into your router's configuration page, by entering the IP address of your router into your web browser.

By default most consumer routers will be in the following IP ranges, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. You need to find out which range your router's IP address fall under.

Once you've entered the IP address into your browser, it should prompt you for a username and password, the default username and password for most Dlink routers, should be admin admin or admin pass or admin <blank>.

Once logged in, you should look for a link called port forwarding, in there you will need to enter the IP address of the device along with the TCP port.

For example, if you are running a webserver it will usually be TCP port 80. By the way, you haven't provided me with your router's model.

i also tried to open the port in the application tab , but i still cant see the port open in the virual machine

I was going through your router's manual and it doesn't seem to have a modem. So it must be connected to an ADSL modem or cable modem or something. Please advise....

yes my router connected to modem motorola something... does it metters?

Found this guide, on how to activate port forwarding on your router.

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/DLink-Port-Forwarding-Setup-s/119.htm