Does Alfa 36h Work In 64bit Osx Lion?

Encrypto

I have already googled it and some give vague instructions about Lion 64bit. Lion boots in 64 bit mode. So, I installed the Alfa drivers in 32bit mode following the instructions on the Alfa site except I downloaded the drivers from the Alfa site.

ftp://downloader:Alfa0000@61.221.104.183/Download/UG/AWUS036H/QIG%20for%20Mac%2010.5%20n%2010.6.pdf

It works well in 32 bit mode, doing the "systemsetup -setbootkernelarchitecture i386" command which puts Lion in 32bit mode or holding down the "3 and 2" keys at boot.

But when I change over to 64bit mode, the drivers don't work on the card, I installed the Alfa drivers in 32bit mode and it works.

My question is has anyone followed the instructions to install on the Alfa site in 64bit mode and it worked? I know Snow-Leopard booted in 32bit mode by default.

Sinces its working in 32bit on my Mac, I don't want to mess that up by trying to reinstall the drivers in 64 bit mode if the drivers don't work in 64bit mode installation.

To clarify, I'm using OSx Lion, If I install the drivers in 64bit mode will it make a difference and make the Alfa card work in 64bit mode instead of 32bit?

Not sure about Apple OS, but if you run an instance of Backtrack inside a VM, it should work without much problems.

Thanks, So I after further research and opening the realtek Alfa app in 64bit mode, it gave this error message so this is the answer for all those that wonder if this will work.Notice: /System/Library/Extensions/RTL8187l.kext has debug properties set.

Warnings:

Executable does not contain code for architecture:

x86_64

/System/Library/Extensions/RTL8187l.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).

Loading /System/Library/Extensions/RTL8187l.kext.

Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/RTL8187l.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/RTL8187l.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

I do know that Alfa will not be upgrading the 36h for mac os x lion.