Trinity Rescue

nemo_nihil

I am trying to remove some viruses from a friends computer. He opened an email and had like 87 pop up on his computer. It is blocking me form opening up clam av and any other exe type of file I try to open so I booted into trinity on my Katana USB. It found some viruses, but the definitions were out of date so i assume that is why it didn't find all of them. Regardless i burned CD of it and now i am trying to share internet from my Mac (sharing internet sharing then from easyteather to ethernet) to the computer. We are at college and they do not allow unauthorized connections (otherwise i would just plug him in to the wall). I have tried to share internet from my phone tether but it is not recognizing a connection "neither dns nor proxy paramaters found ...". Any help getting this connected to the internet OR virus removal would be appreciated.

you need credentials for the wireless, but for the wired you need to have some sort of cisco client software (i don't mess with wired) it is a laptop so that is an option but as far as wireless i didn't think trinity supported that natively.

Trinity should so long as it recognizes the wireless device in use, which is why most people invest in the Realtek USB wifi adapters for Back|Track since some internal cards don't have drivers for linux. If its not seen on the machine you are using with its build in wireless card, then using a USB adapter would be the next thing to try. Just check the ifconfig output in a terminal and see what comes up. Can also try using the radio button on the keyboard(you did say laptop, right?) and enabling/disabling the radio, and then checking dmesg and the syslogs for any new hardware or hardware errors. Might be as simple as doing "ifconfig wlan0 up" if its already recognized.

when I tried to put the interface up it failed (that was why I thought that wireless was not buit into TRK) but I should have tried my card first, regardless I ended up just removing the drive and putting it into my dock and running several virus scans from there as well as TRK through a VM. Thanks for all the help.