Pineapple Mkiii Quality Issues

ewook

Gday!

Got my cute little MkIII a week ago, but due to the fact that I need a US-to-EU(not UK)-converter, I started out with trying to connect with the included battery-pack. Notice my suprise when plugged in, the plugs had a glitch - some electric-tape on the connector from the battery-pack solved this, but my first scare was that I thought the connector on the board was not soldered in place correctly.

Noticed so far;

Glitches with the battery-pack plug, can be fixed - but if 'crew' is reading this, might wanna check out the quality of the plugs.

The external antenna connector soldering looks bad, and might need some re-soldering when the box starts to age.

The on/off switch on the battery-pack feels like it has tendencies to get sloppy after a few on and offs'.

Otherwise, looks good - only had a few minutes with the new gui, but kudos on the nice work on that.

So, anyone else had issues that might be reflected on the hardware (quality) ?

(haven't noticed any other threads regarding anything like this yet - if I'm misstaken, pardon my bad searches)

/greets

if the mkIII is anything like mobile phones, computers or TVs or..., give it around a year and the hardware will be discontinued and a new version will come out thats about to be discontinued and then .........

I attempted to purchase a MK II but they sold out. Fortunately the MK III poped out and I picked that up instead. It's just the average life cycle of technology these days.

Edited by 0xFFFF

Hi,

I've just received my MK3 and I also have glitches with the battery-pack plug, could you explain what you did exactly on the connector to solve this problem?

I've put new battery 4xAA 2650 mAh and when the power led stabilize (by touching the cable), the ethernet led is ok but then after less than 3mn the ethernet led disappear then switch off.

Anybody know how to fix that problem?

Thx

Gday!

Got my cute little MkIII a week ago, but due to the fact that I need a US-to-EU(not UK)-converter, I started out with trying to connect with the included battery-pack. Notice my suprise when plugged in, the plugs had a glitch - some electric-tape on the connector from the battery-pack solved this, but my first scare was that I thought the connector on the board was not soldered in place correctly.

Noticed so far;

Glitches with the battery-pack plug, can be fixed - but if 'crew' is reading this, might wanna check out the quality of the plugs.

The external antenna connector soldering looks bad, and might need some re-soldering when the box starts to age.

The on/off switch on the battery-pack feels like it has tendencies to get sloppy after a few on and offs'.

Otherwise, looks good - only had a few minutes with the new gui, but kudos on the nice work on that.

So, anyone else had issues that might be reflected on the hardware (quality) ?

(haven't noticed any other threads regarding anything like this yet - if I'm misstaken, pardon my bad searches)

/greets

Can you post pictures of the damaged connector and weak solder joint?

• 7 months later...