Multipass On Bitlockered Systems

ChrisLTQ

Hi there all!

I just spent a few days collecting and mod'ding and personalising my own multipass only to find that most of the utilities do not work on bitlocker drives. Bummer!!!

Anyone else had this issue? Is there any app's that do work on BL/Encrypted drives? Or is there an app that allows the other app's to work?

I think you get what i'm trying to say.

Thanks all :rolleyes:

Guest Deleted_Account

Hi there all!

I just spent a few days collecting and mod'ding and personalising my own multipass only to find that most of the utilities do not work on bitlocker drives. Bummer!!!

Anyone else had this issue? Is there any app's that do work on BL/Encrypted drives? Or is there an app that allows the other app's to work?

I think you get what i'm trying to say.

Thanks all :rolleyes:

If what you mean is bypassing the encryption. Then no. You can't. Bit Locker uses a minimum of AES-128 bit Encryption and optionally 256 bit. This would be impossible to crack (ignore what Hollywood says). I would say look up the cold-boot attack but Bitlocker/Win 7 wipes the keys from RAM on shutdown. TrueCryp/PGP Can't because windows doesn't allow them to (Windows has to be the last thing running).

If this isn't what you mean please explain more.

Since he's booting an offline OS he can't access the local HDD because it's encrypted. AFAIK you may be able to get a driver to mount bitlocker drives in read-only mode if you are on the same TPM and have the decryptio keys but I don't know how to use it

Guest Deleted_Account

Since he's booting an offline OS he can't access the local HDD because it's encrypted. AFAIK you may be able to get a driver to mount bitlocker drives in read-only mode if you are on the same TPM and have the decryptio keys but I don't know how to use it

You can do this using Bart PE or similar I believe. Never tried it though.

• 2 weeks later...