Connecting Pineapple To Access Point In Client Mode

hello, I've been trying to figure out how to connect the pineapple to wireless access point in client mode. So far all I've been able to do is put it into client mode can anyone else shed some light on this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connecting the pineapple wirelessly to an access point is not the intended purpose of it.

yes im aware of that and fully understand how the pineapple works, i was just curious if it was possible after finding the client mode option in webif. I was thinking if i could do so i could try a couple of things including arp spoofing my wifi network with it. besides what fun is it using things for their intended purpose :P

Edited by bmccutch

Question being, if you have a laptop you are using to give the pineapple commands. Why not just use the laptop and cut out the slower device (Jasager/Pineapple) from the mix?

it was just a "out of curiosity" thing but i've actually been using a pocket pc with putty connected to it to issue commands. i thought it would be neat to do it all from the pocket pc and pineapple rather than having to lug around my 10 pound 7 yr old laptop lol

Edited by bmccutch

Very true. I'm actually looking into doing all of that with just an iPod touch.

netbooks are a good inbetween though.

Yea if i still had my old jailbroken touch i would definitely try that as well. And I agree with you about the netbooks im actually looking into getting a cheap one sometime soon.

Yes it is possible to connect the fonera as a client, I've tried it.

In my case to achieve routing from wifi in client mode to wired I had to turn off bridging, firewall and set up a route manually.

can you please share with me how you got it to connect?

Somewhere in the web interface there is a "site survey" button, which will show you available networks and let you connect to them.

Connecting manually using iwconfig also works.

You're gonna have to figure out the rest of the settings by yourself, because that depends on what are you trying to achieve.

Somewhere in the web interface there is a "site survey" button, which will show you available networks and let you connect to them.

Connecting manually using iwconfig also works.

You're gonna have to figure out the rest of the settings by yourself, because that depends on what are you trying to achieve.

Oddly enough the "site survey" does not have a connect button but i figured it out with using iwconfig. Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back up again but i've tried everything and cannot find a solution. I thought i figured it out earlier but when I tried to do something with it I realized it does not seem to obtain a ip address from the ap's dhcp server so i think im missing something. The following commands is what I used to get it to connect to the access point:

wlanconfig ath0 destroy
wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode managed 2>&1 > /dev/null
iwconfig ath0 essid 'dlink'
iwconfig ath0 key off
ifconfig ath0 up

Edited by bmccutch