Backtrack 5 Wireless Issues

WubbaDuck

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to backtrack and I just got an Asus 1201n. The only problem is that the wireless card doesn't work. with lspci it says that it has the realtek 8171 and I was able to get it to recognize the card by using the 8192se driver. But whenever I would try to connect to a network it would say that I had a bad password even though I know the password was correct. I'm hoping that someone out there knows how to fix this and can help me out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

is the network 802.11 N only? if so, you will have to drop back to b and g, as something in backtrack doesn't seem to work in N only on routers. At least, not with my laptop and my router when it was set to N only. Windows on the same laptop and card, worked in N only, so I suspect it was something in backtrack and the driver or kernel configuration. The alternative, is try something other than wicd to connect to the router. If however, you aren't on an N only setup on your router, then something else might be afoot, such as the wrong driver.

Try setting the router to G only, see what happens.

So I tried your suggestion and it did the same thing so I reinstalled backtrack. From there I was able to find a different driver and use that one. It worked and now I have wireless.. Thanks for your help.