Java Events ?

entity

Hello Forum,

So I've been doing a project lately where I have the business end of things in a module and the GUI of this particular software in another module (2 separate files in the same project), I was wondering what the best way to interface the two modules is, are custom event firing/handling the way to go or does anyone have any other (more efficient) way of doing the latter mention. The person wanting the software needed it to work in both an offline mode (local) and also in the form of a web-based front-end solution, which is why I needed to loosely couple the previously mentioned two modules.

Thanks in advance,

Entity

Hello Forum,

So I've been doing a project lately where I have the business end of things in a module and the GUI of this particular software in another module (2 separate files in the same project), I was wondering what the best way to interface the two modules is, are custom event firing/handling the way to go or does anyone have any other (more efficient) way of doing the latter mention. The person wanting the software needed it to work in both an offline mode (local) and also in the form of a web-based front-end solution, which is why I needed to loosely couple the previously mentioned two modules.

Thanks in advance,

Entity

The exact strategy will vary depending on the project. Event handing is one of many valid strategies. In general, you want to make your interfaces as simple and obvious as possible without oversimplifying them.