Open Mesh Router And Redboot

Guest alan12385566960

Guest alan2796

Would anyone be able to give me a copy of a redboot_config partition ? and some details of what version of redboot is installed on there OM1P, ?

I Have bricked mine and I believe I have lost the MAC Address of the wireless card from either Redboot or redboot_config and im wondering if it's possible to reflash my redboot and config from a working OM1P and just change out the mac address in Hex if possible.

Guest alan2796

Why were you messing with redboot in the first place?

The device will reboot after 5 minutes due to hardware watchdog chip. Install the open-mesh firmware, can be downloaded from their site.

Guest alan2796

Long story...basically I bricked it then reflashed following the guide for the fon not the open mesh router in doing so I think I overwrote my redboot config ever since that first fash I have had no ath0 or wireless interfaces so lots or reading and flashing later still no wireless then I flashed micro redboot which does away with this watchdog chiip....so im at the stage now of still getting x wrt and jasager but no wireless dont know what to try now besides reflash redboot and config with original.

Guest alan2796

Well im not having any issues with rebooting at the moment, it apperars to be staying up I must of been misinformed about micro redboot, so what would you advise me to do ?

I also read that micro redboot would fix it. But it doesn't. Myself and Sebastian have been working on a way to get this to work. Basically it requires a patch on openwrt's firmware they need to do.

if you SSH to it and spam "uptime" after about 4 min and 40 seconds it will eventually stop responding @ ~5:20

Guest alan2796

Ah right, well thats a bummer, however regardless of that I still have a messed up redboot and redboot config partitions I can still get into it and manually load firmware via tftp but Im not having much luck searching the internet short of buying another om1p to copy the loader or try to compile my own redboot, or switch to u-boot if thats even a possibility....

Guest alan2796

Apologies, I am maybe not explaining myself correctly...I have flashed my router with Micro Redboot which I can still gain access to on 192.168.0.1 and I can flash firmware. however I have no wireless interfaces.

I am wishing to install the version of Redboot that came with the OM1P because according to some websites this can contain hardware addresses of my wireless card and configuration, and I believe I have lost this information when overwriting redboot. however it is proving hard to find a copy of the Bootloader on the internet. so I was hoping someone could copy there Redboot and Redboot_config partition via mtd to /tmp/ and email me it then I could load into Micro Redboot tftp (original Redboot) over and overwrite Micro Redboot and it's config partition with the OM1P Original bootloader and config.

Guest alan2796

I did ifconfig and no sign of ah0 also did iwconfig no wireless extensions found.

if I try to enable via webif or uci commit it appears to freeze the whole thing the wlan light lights but evan when I reboot it lights up again but no SSID is broadcast and I cant ssh back into it. ill try posting the dmesg log if that helps once I get it loaded back on.

if you could cat your config partition that may help...

cat /proc/mtd

then

cat /dev/"RedBoot" > /tmp/redboot.bin

cat /dev/"RedBoot_config" > /tmp/redboot-config.bin

or ?

cp /dev/"RedBoot" /tmp/redboot.bin

cp /dev/"RedBoot_config" /tmp/redboot-config.bin

Guest alan2796

Well I think I have completely bricked it now...

I reinstalled micro redboot which appeared to go fine. I rebooted and started to load firmware from micro redboot which also appeared to go fine..however on restart again no network light at all, So I bought the cable that digininja suggested to make a cable from on his website traced back wires and pins with a multimeter tested for 3.3v so it appears to be the correct cable but no matter what I do all I get is garbage in my putty session and it's also appears to be the same block of whatever it is repeating it's self.

I do know however it was completely my own stupidity which caused all this...I had a Pineapple V2 which after reading another post somewhere it's not actually a Open Mesh Router or a FON and came out of box with redboot enabled.

Welcome to any suggestions now...