Sorry! Another Old Pc Hardware / Proxmox Query

dar2k

Hi, to anyone who can advise. I would like to use my old pc (desktop) as a server and set up proxmox ve on it (or other if recommended). Can someone please tell me if my hardware it suitable for use as a server.

MB = Gigabyte Ga-m52s-s3

CPU = 2.3GHz AMD Athlon

RAM = 4GB

HDD = 250GB WD

If this question is too noobie ... please tell me.. but take it easy on the 'p*ss taking'.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance

That's one of the things I like about promox, you can run in on almost all hardware with no compatibility issues.

Now all you need is to find out if your CPU has support for virtualization. As 3tek suggested it should not be a problem as long as it is an Athlon x2.

I would also recommend increasing your RAM to 8 or 10 gigs, if you plan on running several VMs.

That's one of the things I like about promox, you can run in on almost all hardware with no compatibility issues.

Now all you need is to find out if your CPU has support for virtualization. As 3tek suggested it should not be a problem as long as it is an Athlon x2.

I would also recommend increasing your RAM to 8 or 10 gigs, if you plan on running several VMs.

Thanks for the responses guys....

Yes its a dual core CPU, but I am only running 4gb ram. But I don't have any preconception of how many vm's i want..... just starting out so i'd be happy to get what I can.

Again, Cheers for your info.

Rgds

Dar2k