Usb Question

BlueWyvern

Hello again guys!

Here's one for you, I recently purchased two of these on special

76642.jpgMicro USB Backup Battery Pack for Smart Phones, Cell Phones and Cameras (2800mAh) - Black

As you can see it has charging ports for mini and micro USB, but only has a micro USB out. and I don' think it works the other way round for powering devices. So with that in mind and the fact that I can't find a female micro USB to female USB converter, I am thinking about just slapping something together real quick. my question is since I am only going to be charging devices that I have some sort of USB charger for to begin with, can I just do straight wire to wire? (red, blue, green, black) (or whatever the colors are in a standard cable) or will I need some crazy little array of components?

My alternative is to find somewhere I can have a new case created and de-solder the micro usb male connector, and solder on a female USB connector. (If this thing had screws I would have probably done that to begin with!)

So what's the idea/train of thought on this one? I would be charging a random number of devices from cell phones, headsets, and yes even my Nintendo DS thanks to a funky little cable I picked up at Gamestop. All of which would adhere to the USB standards for charging devices.

Thanks