Moving Files To Jailbroken Ipod Touch

Jamo

I watch a lot of movies from my jailbroken iPod touch. Since Im using Ubuntu as my main OS I cant have Itunes. I can use some other tools, but I dont like to connect iPod to computer via usb cable.

So my ubuntu 10.10 is running apache2 server and I just copy all files I want to send to iPod to /var/www/ which is my webservers root.

Then from iPod using safari I go to my web server and download those files.

However it takes some time to copy files from /home/user/Videos to /var/www. especially with videos. So is there an easier way to do it. I prefer terminal, not gui.

Could I somehow link that file from /home to /var/www.

Since you like terminal, you could install the SSH client on your Ipod touch and then SSH into your Ubuntu box.

Thanks for replys. As I mentioned earlier, I prefer not to directly connect my iPod touch to my laptop.

Could I somehow avoid copying every file to /var/www, when I want to download those to my iPod. could I somehow create a link or something.

Thanks for replys. As I mentioned earlier, I prefer not to directly connect my iPod touch to my laptop.

Could I somehow avoid copying every file to /var/www, when I want to download those to my iPod. could I somehow create a link or something.

How many files are you planning on downloading to your Ipod at once?

How many files are you planning on downloading to your Ipod at once?

Not many usually 1-10, mostly 1-3 files once. Unless Im senging music, then its easily 20-40 files once. And in that also I use apache.

And when traveling I usuallu have as many as possible movies with me.

I also tend to watch HAK5 and tekzilla from my iPod touch.