Pentest Live Cd

c0r

I want to setup a pentestlab at my home and i'm wondering if it would be possible

to create an image of a windows xp,2003,2008,vista&win7.

Or even create an iso of a complete network.

You all know the pentest live cd's thomas wilhelm created (de-ice.net)...

Now i want to create something similar but in a windows environment.

The mean idea would be to setup a windows machine in a vm...make it vulnerable...

and make a livecd...

Would it work?

c

I agree with Mr-Protocol, just create a virtual lab using VirtualBox or VMware. And have your favorite operating system running virtually. I myself do exactly this, I have several virtual XP boxes and one of them being the attacker running the pen-test tools like (nessus, metasploit or Backtrack).

I find this approach very easy to deal with. However if you have some spare physical hardware, you could install windows on it and make it vulnerable.

I allready have a vm-lab up and running...

The idea was this...

for example... i create a windowsbox (xp,2003,2008...) update it but leave 1 or 2 things left to exploit.

Then save the vm or make an iso of it so you can start it up in a vm and test it out.

Then i could make a howto and we could pass these vm's or iso around so we can test out each others creation.

c

I allready have a vm-lab up and running...

The idea was this...

for example... i create a windowsbox (xp,2003,2008...) update it but leave 1 or 2 things left to exploit.

Then save the vm or make an iso of it so you can start it up in a vm and test it out.

Then i could make a howto and we could pass these vm's or iso around so we can test out each others creation.

c

Sounds good, but the only issue I see would be that depending on your hardware configuration, other users may experience hardware compatibly issues, because of the hardware difference between the system. Unless you don't install any drivers at all and let windows do all the driver assigning.