Hacking Simulation

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

For film class (again) I am making a Hacking movie. My prof. said that he thinks a mixture of real hacking (metasploit nmap) and Hollywood hacking would be best. So far what I have set up is an "old" Vm sever with XP SP2 and SP3 machines for hacking into. On the linux side I have a bunch a scripts from the Ubuntu forms that make it appear as your hacking with terminal. I modified these Shell scripts to be even more realistic but what I am missing is the more Hollywood approach. The only nice hacking sims I can find are BS hacker aka Hacker evolution and uplink. Do you guys know of anything like this thats free? Maybe something I can design custom levels for? I would through something together in VB but no time as I am pretty much working on my computer science project (A social Network) all day.

Thanks for any tips. and for the record if it was required by my prof. I wouldn't put in fake Hollywood hacking.

Edited by x942

are you looking to make a hacking video like doing random hacking stuff or make i look like your hacking?

Anyways you can do some pen testing lab De-Ice or like Darren said run the tree command on windows.

Guest Deleted_Account

are you looking to make a hacking video like doing random hacking stuff or make i look like your hacking?

Anyways you can do some pen testing lab De-Ice or like Darren said run the tree command on windows.

Its going to be a movie like hackers but more realistic and still not boring at the same time. I will look into that link thanks!

Hollywood hacking:

Black background, green text. Person typing at full speed never hits the wrong key. As they type scary text* constantly flies up the terminal screen.

*Scary text is a formal grammar defined as an alphabet to contain any of the following: backdoor, exploit, overflow, null pointer, routing, stack, bypass, proxy, firewall, virus, worm. (Defiantly can be expanded on).

Guest Deleted_Account

Hollywood hacking:

Black background, green text. Person typing at full speed never hits the wrong key. As they type scary text* constantly flies up the terminal screen.

*Scary text is a formal grammar defined as an alphabet to contain any of the following: backdoor, exploit, overflow, null pointer, routing, stack, bypass, proxy, firewall, virus, worm. (Defiantly can be expanded on).

LOL Good point good point I can do this with some shell scripts and fake typing. How about the real stuff now. I mean Metasploit, NMAP, Aircrack-ng, Airplay-ng etc. are good should I through in some MDK3 and Airpwn as well? What do guys think would be good in a movie like this. Also I just remembered how "hack" looking memdump is I should use that for the hollywood style.