Airodump-ng Wrong Channel In Mon0 (channel -1)

killerro

Hi

I have installed card on chipset ath9k_htc on Backtrack 4R1, but I have problem with channel in mon0 there is all the time is -1. I try type in console : airmon-ng mon0 11, iwconfig mon0 channel 11, iwconfig channel11 mon0 - 11 it's channel, but it gives nothing.

I thank for your time.

post-21476-1283693915_thumb.png

After installl drivers wifi arp attack ok, but now ... "aireplay-ng -- test" - no AP ;/

Edited by killerro

Try:

ifconfig mon0 up promisc
iwconfig mon0 mode monitor
airodump-ng -c 11 -w dump mon0

Try:

ifconfig mon0 up promisc
iwconfig mon0 mode monitor
airodump-ng -c 11 -w dump mon0

Not working ;(

What's a shit ... how i type in console "airodump-ng -c 11 -w dump mon0 " I see :

post-21476-1283719576_thumb.png channel 9 ???

Edited by killerro

Reboot and try again. Stop using airmon-ng to bring it up. Do it the way I showed you in my first post, just those commands alone. Yoru card might not be 100% supported or driver issues, but you have it up in your second pic on Channel 11 like you wanted. Not sure why its getting "fixed channel -1" though. Mine never shows that, but I suspect its because you tried to set the card to that channel under iwconfig. You dont need to set the card to a channel when brininging it up, but you set airodump to the channel you want to capture only, and it will stop the roaming for you when given airodump-ng -c 11 -w dump mon0

-c = channel and -w = write to file named dump.cap so you can then crack the wep/wpa keys

Edited by digip

Reboot and try again. Stop using airmon-ng to bring it up. Do it the way I showed you in my first post, just those commands alone. Yoru card might not be 100% supported or driver issues, but you have it up in your second pic on Channel 11 like you wanted. Not sure why its getting "fixed channel -1" though. Mine never shows that, but I suspect its because you tried to set the card to that channel under iwconfig. You dont need to set the card to a channel when brininging it up, but you set airodump to the channel you want to capture only, and it will stop the roaming for you when given airodump-ng -c 11 -w dump mon0

-c = channel and -w = write to file named dump.cap so you can then crack the wep/wpa keys

I am trying Your advice but monitor mode is still off. Here are screenshots:

snapshot4.png

snapshot6.png

Edited by killerro

I am trying Your advice but monitor mode is still off. Here are screenshots:

snapshot4.png

snapshot6.png

mon0 is not your wireless cards id. Its wlan0 or wlan1 from the looks of your screenshots. "no such device" was your first clue. in ifconfig -a, that lists the id's and there is no mon0. I was only using that as an example based on what you had initially posted.

Edited by digip

mon0 is not your wireless cards id. Its wlan0 or wlan1 from the looks of your screenshots. "no such device" was your first clue. in ifconfig -a, that lists the id's and there is no mon0. I was only using that as an example based on what you had initially posted.

Ok but i type in console "ifconfig wlan1 up promisc" wlan1 is up in promisc, how I type "iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor" error ;(

look my screenshot

snapshot7.png

I try type in console " airmon-ng check kill" but it is not working :/

it's working i type first iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor and type ifconfig wlan1 up promisc :) but fix channel is still work in -1 ;(

I now what's wrong how I type ifconfig wlan1 up promisc my card is still off ;( when i type in console airmon-ng working fine but monitor mode is on channel -1.

How I can move up my wifi card help!

Edited by killerro