World Of Warcraft

will-wtf

Does anyone here play world of warcraft? I supose that is a stupid question but even so, I've installed the free trial and started playing but I can't work out what the point of the game is, can someone help me? Like tell me what I am meant to be doing?

Thanks, I am just a bit confused.. :S

Different people play it for different things. Some play it for the RPG elements, some server even require you to be 'in character' when playing. Some play for the competitiveness with other players. Some play for just to waste time.

Different people play it for different things. Some play it for the RPG elements, some server even require you to be 'in character' when playing. Some play for the competitiveness with other players. Some play for just to waste time.

yeah i played for like 3 years as competitiveness with others and just to waste time. starting out sucks though cuz you have to go though so many levels to have a lots of fun! but word of advice quit now its a very addictive game.

yeah i played for like 3 years as competitiveness with others and just to waste time. starting out sucks though cuz you have to go though so many levels to have a lots of fun! but word of advice quit now its a very addictive game.

OK a quick question for you then, you buy the game then you have to pay per month? What is with that? What character should i be because frankly i have no idea and how is it addictive? So far all I have done is wander around in circles :S

OK a quick question for you then, you buy the game then you have to pay per month? What is with that? What character should i be because frankly i have no idea and how is it addictive? So far all I have done is wander around in circles :S

when you start all you REALLY HAVE TO DO IS level up(by doing quest and killing things). you can also do some pvp. which is fun. more fun once your a higher level.

Don't bother trying to get into it. WoW is a very terribly designed game (Poor game mechanics, not talking about the graphics). If you want to play an MMO, look into EvE Online. It has a steep learning curve, but it's way better than WoW, especially if you are a competitive person. The PvP in WoW is laughable at best and has been since ranks were stripped Pre-TBC and resilience was added in TBC.

If you think Post-TBC WoW PvP is good or even decent, you really should soak your desktop in gasoline, throw a pound of thermite inside the case, and set fire to it. I would say to go outside afterward, but you would probably be busy explaining to the NSA why you used a pound of thermite to obliterate your rig.

Edited by mux

What is TBC?

TBC=The Burning Crusade=Expansion for WoW

I'm not sure what Blizzard's scheme is for expansions anymore, but most of the good MMO development companies offer free expansions unlike WoW (Warhammer, EvE, etc).

I'll have a look at EvE Online but I've never heard of it, and only choose WoW because I always heard people taking the piss out of it.

Don't get me wrong, WoW had it's uses for the entire MMO community. It also was a pretty decent MMO until the expansions started coming out. After awhile though, it just got to the point where gear became > skill.

Anyways, don't worry. You honestly can't make the wrong decision when it comes to entertainment, especially online. As long as you're having fun, who cares what shriveled old prude MMO vets like me have to say. :P

• 2 weeks later...

i use to play wow still have the account just never use it anymore got all the expansions etc. its only really good at level 80 and being a paladin or priest as there hard to kill if it was legal threw there terms i would have sold my account a long long time ago

• 1 month later...