[Version 1] Sd Card Adapter Development

Seeing the new SD card board...and being a compulsive buyer <_< I've ordered the SD card reader.

Taking idea's from other people, I'd like to talk about things we can do with this.

Pwn Counter: Write a counter of how many boxes you pwn. Classic :P

DuckySwitchBladeHackSaw: Whatever you want to call it, it's an idea of combining the USB Hacks project with this by manipulating keyboard/mouse to disable any defenses against the auto-run of USB Flash drive executables

Bootable OS: This was hinted on by another poster regarding CD-ROM emulation. Alot of modern computers now have bootable drives as an option in their BIOS'es. The USB Multipass is also a great project to integrate into this.

Automatic Backup: Using the board as a backup is a bit of overkill for this project, but it'd be great if you were say, in the computer repair business and needed a quick way to backup files.

Steal all of NSA's blacklisted files: There's really no limit's (well, maybe some) to what we can do with this project. Comment any other ideas :D

[Quick offtopic note] The teensy++ with pins works great as a hairbrush...no seriously! [/offtopic]

Edited by iann0036

Bootable OS: This was hinted on by another poster regarding CD-ROM emulation. Alot of modern computers now have bootable drives as an option in their BIOS'es. The USB Multipass is also a great project to integrate into this.

[Quick offtopic note] The teensy++ with pins works great as a hairbrush...no seriously! [/offtopic]

im currently working on the cd-rom emulation its "slow" but working:

what i have so far:

dipswitch decides weather mass-storage mode or cd-rom emulation is activated.

in mass-storage mode you can put an iso file into the _ISO folder on the sdcard, so the teensy works like a normal usb-stick.

in cd-rom emulation mode (non dvd until now) it looks for the _ISO folder on the sd-card and mounts the first image as a bootable cd-rom drive.

im currently trying to speed the teensy up but 16 MHz are way to less to get USB 2.0 High-Speed support.

so currently its more like an 50x CD-ROM, due to the fact that there are no read delays (cd-rom seeking spinup/down) it feels like a 150x cd-rom.

i want to preserve the HID-Keyboard support so i can change the bootorder in the bios with the teensy itself.

( mostly using HP notebooks in the company so same bios for all).

btw. I like the Hairbrush thingie.

best regards from germany,

JR