Rdesktop Bruteforcing Tsgrinder

lostfiringpin

Okay so guys I have a friend that has a few game servers an in our discussions he said his server 2k3 was secure an there was no way in. Well me being me I asked if I could do some poking around, besides if I get in im sure I can talk him out a few months server rent. So I started Nmap an few basics, got ports open out the yin yang, an particularly remote desktop terminal, I can get a login screen, so I figured why not brute force, I exhausted all other options, it lets me connect. An I tried running TSgrinder but every time the threads open it says can't connect to remote device, but I can get a login screen normally. Ive read that your supposed to use the Roboserver an I got it just not sure what to do with it. C:\Documents and Settings\lost>"C:\Documents and Settings\lost\Desktop\Quick att

acks\remote hacks\tsgrinder1\tsgrinder.exe" -w "C:\Documents and Settings\lost\De

sktop\Quick attacks\remote hacks\dic-0294\dict.txt" -u administrator -d CENSORD -n 4

After I hit enter it tries, fails then I get 4 lines at the command prompt saying timed_Event_send_recv: Wait failed: TIMEOUT

four lines of that an then says Couldn't get handle to client window. Any suggestions? or points in the right direction cause I've burnt google up for hours tryin to find a fix.

Okay so guys I have a friend that has a few game servers an in our discussions he said his server 2k3 was secure an there was no way in. Well me being me I asked if I could do some poking around, besides if I get in im sure I can talk him out a few months server rent. So I started Nmap an few basics, got ports open out the yin yang, an particularly remote desktop terminal, I can get a login screen, so I figured why not brute force, I exhausted all other options, it lets me connect. An I tried running TSgrinder but every time the threads open it says can't connect to remote device, but I can get a login screen normally. Ive read that your supposed to use the Roboserver an I got it just not sure what to do with it. C:\Documents and Settings\lost>"C:\Documents and Settings\lost\Desktop\Quick att

acks\remote hacks\tsgrinder1\tsgrinder.exe" -w "C:\Documents and Settings\lost\De

sktop\Quick attacks\remote hacks\dic-0294\dict.txt" -u administrator -d CENSORD -n 4

After I hit enter it tries, fails then I get 4 lines at the command prompt saying timed_Event_send_recv: Wait failed: TIMEOUT

four lines of that an then says Couldn't get handle to client window. Any suggestions? or points in the right direction cause I've burnt google up for hours tryin to find a fix.

How are you running TSgrinder, off your host computer or VM. Make sure if you have any antivirus running to turn it off. I have played with Tsgrinder before and it worked fine for me.

Edited by Infiltrator

Im using it in the command prompt off my main machine, xp pro sp3, an no antivirus or firewall to get in the way.

Ohh, i think what your problem is, is that you have not specified any ip address for the remote host.

Example: tsgrinder.exe -w "password file" -u administrator -n 4 172.0.0.1

Let me know how you go

Edited by Infiltrator

By the way, I have found this nice tutorial on using Tsgrinder, it should make things easier to understand.

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/106/24/

I did put a host on there, just censord out the ip adress so everyone an there mom wouldn't hit the machines im so close to opening. I read that tutorial quite a few times, can't figure out what im doing wrong, can anyone else confirm that tsgrinder still works on the server 2k3 machines.

I did put a host on there, just censord out the ip adress so everyone an there mom wouldn't hit the machines im so close to opening. I read that tutorial quite a few times, can't figure out what im doing wrong, can anyone else confirm that tsgrinder still works on the server 2k3 machines.

There's a chance if the server has been patched up, tsgrinder may not work properly.

Hi lostfiringpin,

Just for information, I found some videos on TSgrinder.exe on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AiaQTbWuro