Hacking Proximity Card Systems

Encryption

Hello,

I'd like to see a test of hacking proximity card systems on the podcast.

Here is a link of a device that has the Gerber files and source code, that supposedly circumvents the proximity card systems implemented, as security (for doors), in most large corporations: http://cq.cx/proxmark3.pl

I'd even be willing to get the parts, get it professionally fabricated, and loan it the Hak5 to test and demonstrate on the podcast.

What do you think?

Encryption

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be a very interesting and good segment for Hak5 to do.

• 1 month later...
Guest Deleted_Account
Hello,

I'd like to see a test of hacking proximity card systems on the podcast.

Here is a link of a device that has the Gerber files and source code, that supposedly circumvents the proximity card systems implemented, as security (for doors), in most large corporations: http://cq.cx/proxmark3.pl

I'd even be willing to get the parts, get it professionally fabricated, and loan it the Hak5 to test and demonstrate on the podcast.

What do you think?

Encryption

Did something similar with my school they used an very insecure (but affordable under budget restrictions). It used a Keycard that had an RFID chip inside and the reader would read it. Unfortunately all me an my friends had to do was wait within 30 ft. of the door for someone to use it and we pulled it out of the air using our own RFID reader. The data wasn't even encoded let alone encrypted so easy as pie. After that we just placed the same info on a chip and in we go :). Anyways i agree it would be a great epi/segment :)

Edited by x942

i have an old "well not that old" interflex usb receiver, i found that swiping my id card across input a sting of asci into notepad, it is at risk of a replay attack for sure, and the best bit is the id's between my card and others are just 3 numbers , this means that with pot luck you will be able to use anybody elses id.

i will find the model as i have two and could post one in , with a blank card