Iis6 / Windows 2003 / Php5

MRGRIM

Ok so I've read a bunch of tutorials and how to's on getting php up and running under IIS. Now I've 'kinda' got it working but I'm having a number of issues that I cannot make sense of.

PHP is installed at C:\PHP and within the PHP directory is my php.ini

I've gone into php.ini and enabled asp_tags, saved and rebooted the whole server, but the change hasn't taken effect. As mentioned earlier I've read a number of tutorials some of which suggest that php.ini needs to be in C:\Windows, so thinking that prehaps I've copied the file to this location I've manually gone to the directory to look for the file... but it's not there?

So I've searched the whole server for php.ini and search has told me the only file it can find is c:\php\php.ini

Now what is confusing me is the following;- I've renamed php.ini to something else and rebooted. Now asp_tags work BUT my sessions.save_path is incorrect (and not what I entered in my original php.ini file). When I run phpinfo() it tells me that the "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" is C:\Windows and that the "Loaded Configuration File" is (none), If I restore php.ini to c:\php then it tells me the same for the configuration file but tells me it loaded "C:\PHP\php.ini"

Surely I've just done something dumb?

I've gone into php.ini and enabled asp_tags, saved and rebooted the whole server, but the change hasn't taken effect. As mentioned earlier I've read a number of tutorials some of which suggest that php.ini needs to be in C:\Windows, so thinking that prehaps I've copied the file to this location I've manually gone to the directory to look for the file... but it's not there?

You put a file in the windows directory and the file 'disappeared'? This is not unknown to happen on any file system. Remove (or rename) php.ini from the php directory and make try putting php.ini in to the windows directory.

Prehaps what I wrote was a little misleading, I do not belive I created a php.ini within c:\Windows, however tutorials recommend that this is where the file should be located. If I move php.ini to this location I get the following information

Configuration File (php.ini) Path "C:\WINDOWS"

Loaded Configuration File "C:\WINDOWS\php.ini"

However asp_tags doesn't seem to be configured however this problem gets even more werid, if I look at the core values from phpinfo() it tells me the local and master value for asp_tags is "On"

I'm starting to think prehaps my php.ini is corupt in some way?