Jasager WiFi Settings

Whig

I have working Jasager box but if I want to use it I have to have cat5 cable between my Fon and my laptop.

I have tried to get it work with wifi but just can't get it to work... :-/

Could somebody tell me how I can get it to work? I have Windows 7 on my laptop and I use my Nokia E90 to connect to internet via USB cable. When I connect my Jasager box to my laptop Windows (I guess that it's ICS) will give 192.168.137.x IP for Fon (I'm pretty sure that my Fon is getting DHCP ip from my laptop).

Which IP's I should config for my laptop/jasager (DHCP enable or not?).

don't know where the 192.168.137.0 address range is coming from.

Someone else asked about running the ICS through wifi earlier today, have a look back at my answer to that.

Ok... so don't run dhcp server on ICS... run it on Fon.

Does it sound of if I set laptops wifi:

192.168.1.100 and FON 192.168.1.101 (Should FON gw be 192.168.1.100?)

I seem to have "lan DHCP" on... should I also have wan DHCP on?

I have working Jasager box but if I want to use it I have to have cat5 cable between my Fon and my laptop.

I have tried to get it work with wifi but just can't get it to work... :-/

Could somebody tell me how I can get it to work? I have Windows 7 on my laptop and I use my Nokia E90 to connect to internet via USB cable. When I connect my Jasager box to my laptop Windows (I guess that it's ICS) will give 192.168.137.x IP for Fon (I'm pretty sure that my Fon is getting DHCP ip from my laptop).

Which IP's I should config for my laptop/jasager (DHCP enable or not?).

Hey Whig... as I know it ICS only gives 192.168.0.X the inside interface of your windows PC would be 192.168.0.1

The way I do it and if anyone has a better way I'm all ears..

I run Piranha 2.0 on my Fon 2100 and my Fon is configured with the following IP info

IP Address 192.168.0.5

Mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.0.1

DNS 198.6.1.122

My EEE pc is running ICS. My wireless card is the inside network interface.. and I use PDANET to my iPhone for Internet access.

So here goes.

1.) After I boot the FON I connect to it using wifi with WPA. (its on by default)

2.) I kill the WPA with "killall hostapd"

3.) Then since I just killed the secure WPA process I reconnet my wifi to the Fon with an unsecured essid

4.) Once I'm reconnected to the Fon I fire up Jasager from the EEE and get to work....

If you haven't tried side jacking check it out...

I know this seems like a lot of steps but it works well for me and only takes a min or two to set it all up. I hope this helps you..

Thank you l0rdnic0 about your reply.

I get things work wireless last night but still have some weird problems...

I have enabled DHCP for both wan and lan but it still doesn't give any IP's for connecting wireless devices.

If I manually give my laptop 192.168.0.50 it connect to my Fon box but doesn't go to Internet (I'm pretty sure that this will get fixed if I get that DHCP work cos last night everything worked like a dream once :-D )

And even that I have wrote 192.168.0.250 as my Fon box IP (done that set to DHCP and still add 192.168.0.250 and 255.255.255.0 it still doesn't take that IP and it works on 192.168.0.206 which I once used with it).

Now everything else seems to work pretty ok but:

- Even that I have set my Fon for DHCP and 192.168.0.250 it still doesn't use .250 IP.

- If I have Fon on my homenetwork where I have DHCP server it get's IP from that (normally .206)

- If there is no DHCP server on that network it doesn't get IP anywhere (not even .250)

- I can't get to internet via that Fon box. I can ping 8.8.8.8 but not example www.google.com (from Fon and from "victim"

- I can connect to my Fon box from that computer which shares my internet connection

- I can get internet from that computer which shares my connection

- I can connect to my Fon boxfrom my "victic" computer (Nokia n900 on this test)

Any ideas how to solve these things?

Now everything else seems to work pretty ok but:

- Even that I have set my Fon for DHCP and 192.168.0.250 it still doesn't use .250 IP.

You can't force an IP address from a DHCP server. If you want .250 then just set a static IP

- If I have Fon on my homenetwork where I have DHCP server it get's IP from that (normally .206)

- If there is no DHCP server on that network it doesn't get IP anywhere (not even .250)

That sounds right, DHCP is allocated based on MAC address and good DHCP servers will give out the same IP address when that MAC comes back if it hasn't already given it out. If there is no DHCP server running and you ask for DHCP address then you won't get one.

- I can't get to internet via that Fon box. I can ping 8.8.8.8 but not example www.google.com (from Fon and from "victim"

If you can ping 8.8.8.8 then you can get to the internet

- I can connect to my Fon box from that computer which shares my internet connection

- I can get internet from that computer which shares my connection

- I can connect to my Fon boxfrom my "victic" computer (Nokia n900 on this test)

Sounds like what you mean is you can't resolve domain names, set your DNS server in /etc/resolve.conf to either you home or some other DNS server, see if that works.

You can't force an IP address from a DHCP server. If you want .250 then just set a static IP

Oh ok... then I have understood this pic wrong:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo88/ji...1webif_dhcp.png

http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Internet_Connect...mit_Der_Jasager <- Whole page

If you can ping 8.8.8.8 then you can get to the internet

=) I mean WWW

Sounds like what you mean is you can't resolve domain names, set your DNS server in /etc/resolve.conf to either you home or some other DNS server, see if that works.

That sounds right... Will try that when I get home.

Don't know why it isn't taking it by default but as it says, it is optional so when the DHCP server is there it will ask for it but not necessarily get it.

If you want that IP just go static and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Problem was on DNS but not on resolve.conf.

My Fon box dhcp server gave wrong DNS server to clients. It gave 192.168.0.250 and for some reason 255.255.255.0

When I changed those on /etc/config/dhcp things started to work... Now I just need to check if Jasager part works =)