Can't get webif installed

Hey guys,

My La Fonera 2100 that I ordered ebay just came in the mail. I powered it up, logged into the web interface, and found that it was running 7.0 r4, so I didn't need to use the serial cable I had already made (Yay!). I Enabled SSH, patched the files that needed patching and flashed it with the Jasager 1.0 firmware. When it finished flashing and rebooting, I telnet'ed in, set a root password, started ssh, and SCP'ed haserl, webif, and the xwrt webif theme. Everything was going fine up until this point. Obviously I needed to install haserl, webif, and the webif theme, so I started by typing this:

opkg install haserl_0.9.24-1_mips.ipk

and hit enter. This returned the following error:

opkg: invalid magic

I did some research and found that "invalid magic" means corrupt .ipk, although this cannot be the case. I have have downloaded this file directly from the openwrt website and from the x-wrt website. I am using the correct version (8.09/atheros). Anyone know how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.,

Rain

I did some research and found that "invalid magic" means corrupt .ipk, although this cannot be the case. I have have downloaded this file directly from the openwrt website and from the x-wrt website. I am using the correct version (8.09/atheros).

Have you tried verifying the MD5sum on the file you downloaded to be absolutely sure it was a clean download?

Ok, for clarification, are you running 8.09 or 8.09.1? I just reflashed to 8.09.1 and installed the latest version of haserl, webif (from x-wrt, the prerelease), libruby, and ruby. I haven't been able to locate new patched madwifi drivers yet (the old jasager-madwifi digininja has up are for the old 7.09 openwrt that's built on an older kernel). I didn't have any trouble with any of the .ipk file installs. Wish I had more ideas to offer, but I'm just now getting myself on the latest version. Was running 7.09 since digininja announced jasager...

I'm running 8.09. I might have figured out the problem. I have been doing all of this under windows, and I think XP might be messing with the files because I just sent over the nano package from my linux box, and opkg loaded it up and installed it. I am going to reflash, just to start completely fresh, and do the downloading and SCPing from my linux box and see if it makes a difference. I'll let you know what happens. (Thanks for the help, by the way)