Trouble analyzing a pcap

sirgregg

I was doing some arpspoofing/sniffing at a coffeeshop the other day, just to see if it really works outside my house. I got around 200mb of packets with wireshark, and then fed it to dsniff to try and extract something. It spat out something quite strange:

#garbagegarbage# ntp:AUTHINFO user someuser AUTHINFO pass somepass #garbagegarbage#

Does it ring any bells? Can anyone identify the protocol, authorization type or anything? How could I find the actual packet in wireshark?

I was doing some arpspoofing/sniffing at a coffeeshop the other day, just to see if it really works outside my house. I got around 200mb of packets with wireshark, and then fed it to dsniff to try and extract something. It spat out something quite strange:

#garbagegarbage# ntp:AUTHINFO user someuser AUTHINFO pass somepass #garbagegarbage#

Does it ring any bells? Can anyone identify the protocol, authorization type or anything? How could I find the actual packet in wireshark?

was it ntp or nntp? NTP is network time protocol, not to ointerseting caus ethats all it is is time in GMT or whatever. nntp is network news transport protocol, and is for news readers, like Usenet stuff.