help, can't telnet to fon?

The original question was...

followed the directions right up to step 12, and now I can't complete step 12 sadly :(

QUOTE Step 12:

Time for an easy step. Telnet to 192.168.1.1

telnet 192.168.1.1

-----------------------------

these are the results I get :( I've tried on both a ubuntu netbook, and my main Windows gaming PC, with both Putty and CMD

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\H3llscr3am>telnet 192.168.1.1

Connecting To 192.168.1.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: C

onnect failed

I've also reflashed the fon twice... just to be sure... power LED is on, internet is flashing

What was the solution so other people can learn and don't get stuck with the same problem/mistake.

• 2 months later...

I am sorry but I am having the same problem. After I flash my fon, I try to telnet into my fon and I get "Connecting To 192.168.1.1.... Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connection failed".

I not sure how to change my subnet or what to change it too. I working on window XP.

Thanks for all your help

From control panel bring up networking then properties on the wired interface. Change from dhcp to static/fixed IP and enter 192.168.1.22 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. You might have to reboot after this.

You should then be able to communicate with the Fon.

You will probably loose your internet connection while doing this, to go back, just revert the settings to what they previously were.

I'm not a windows user so the instructions are off the top of my head and I think are right but if not, check with someone who knows how to setup windows networking.